Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

[2.0.0.1beta] Proxy doesnt add new new items to sitemap

Chris | Last updated: Aug 27, 2018 02:27PM UTC

When browsing sites in a browser with the proxy active, only the first request after a restart is added to the sitemap. No subsequent paths are added until burp is restarted On the first page load after restarting burp: If the host does not exist in the sitemap, the host is added, and the path is added as a visited path (black) If the host does exist, the path is added as a non-visited path (grey) Using Repeater, and clicking "Save to Sitemap" works correctly, and the path is added as expected.

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 28, 2018 10:47AM UTC

We're not able to reproduce this problem. Do you have the default "Live passive crawl" task still running? Do you see the metrics updating for responses processed and items added to site map?

Burp User | Last updated: Aug 29, 2018 04:54PM UTC

Ohhhh... So, I stopped all the tasks when I first got into burp, not really reading what was going on. Took me a few minutes, but I think I understand what is going on with this dashboard/task panel. Interesting. Yes, this was due to my misunderstanding. I think this can be closed.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 30, 2018 07:57AM UTC

Thanks for letting us know Chris.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.