Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Testing Laravel and Inertia JS (Vue JS)

Janis | Last updated: Nov 25, 2022 04:38PM UTC

Hi. I'm trying to test the Laravel application written with VueJS and Inertia and I'm getting stuck with session handling. It's the app with almost all pages login-protected. First of all, I need to handle the 302 redirect to the login screen which will indicate to Burp that it needs to be authenticated. Secondly, I need Burp to pass the authentication. Right now, even if I try to configure the project settings and rules, it still can't audit the SPA application normally. When it sends the POST request to the /login, it gets the 419 error which means the CSRF token is wrong. So how do I make the Burp (actually I use the Burp Suite Pro) to be able to crawl and audit the website without being stuck on authentication issues?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 28, 2022 07:45AM UTC

Hi Could you try using a recorded login sequence to authenticate to your application? You can find our documentation on this here: https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/desktop/scanning/recorded-logins

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.