Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Scan a webiste with login functionality don't work

Mari | Last updated: Sep 23, 2020 09:34AM UTC

I'm trying to do a scann on a website where I need to login. I have provided username and password when starting the scann, but I can see in Target that it's not acctually getting somwhere. When doing a live task though the browser it works, but I want to do a scan.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 23, 2020 11:00AM UTC

Hi Mari, Are you able to provide us with some additional information (if you would like to do this by sending an email to support@portswigger.net then please feel free): - What version of Burp are you using. - The Event log of the scan should tell you both whether a login form has been recognized and if a login attempt has been made - are you able to check this to see what is being reported back by Burp (If you are not sure how to find this then please let us know). - Regarding the site that you are trying to scan - is it JavaScript heavy? Are you able to provide us with details of the site itself (if it is publicly available) or, if not, a code snippet from the login form.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.