Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Questions about licensing

Masato | Last updated: Dec 16, 2021 05:37AM UTC

Hi. Please let me know about the license of Burp Suite. I am aware that the Burp Suite license is to be installed on the device after purchase, but do I register an account with the user of the license? Since the user of the license has left the company, I was wondering if I should delete the account if it has been registered. If the license is not managed by an account, but is attached to a device, can the license be transferred to another person?

Chloe, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 16, 2021 11:25AM UTC

Hi Masato, Thanks for the message. The account should be registered to the person using the software . If you have an existing license under an account for someone who is no longer at the company, please email us on office@portswigger.net with the email address of the current account holder and the email address you wish to transfer the license to. Hope this helps! Best Wishes Chloe Chloe Ridley Customer Champion PortSwigger Web Security

Masato | Last updated: Dec 17, 2021 05:05AM UTC

Hi. Thank you for contacting us. I see that you need to ask the team in charge about the license transfer. In that case, am I correct in understanding that there is no need for me to delete the account of the retiree? Also, if there is no one in charge of the transfer, can I ask the team in charge to delete the license as well?

Chloe, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 17, 2021 11:09AM UTC

Hi there, I am sorry I do not understand your question - please can you email us on office@portsiwgger.net so we can look at the account - it is difficult to comment without knowing the details. Best Wishes Chloe Chloe Ridley Customer Champion PortSwigger Web Security

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.