Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Macro with Dynamic URL

Prabish | Last updated: Aug 02, 2019 05:57PM UTC

Hello Team, I need help. I have couple of login requests and only when the last request is fired, the server sends the cookie. But the problem here is my 3rd request out of 5 requests, contains a dynamic URL part which is obtained from 2nd response location header. Now I have tried with Custom Parameter Handler plugin, but could not succeed. If it is a two requests, I could tried to get it sorted with CPH. But here I need macro to fetch previous parameters and now need another plugin or rule to change the URl path. Kindly help

Rose, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 05, 2019 01:46PM UTC

Prabish, which version of Burp are you using? Burp 2.x won't support the use of macros configured using Burp's in-built session-handling rules during the scan. We're not 100% about what you need to do. Would it be possible for you to send us some screenshots (support@portswigger.net) highlighting the parameters you need to fetch and into which request they need to go?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.