Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Failed to replay sequence

Venkatesh | Last updated: Dec 08, 2020 05:07PM UTC

Hi, I am seeing "Failed to replay sequence test - unable to find Element{--element here--} in the logs when I start the scan. But it is working when I replay login when configuring the scan. Please let me know if there is any solution or if I am missing something.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 09, 2020 10:51AM UTC

Thanks for this report. We have a few questions to help us resolve your issue: - Does the application/site use a WAF? - Do you have any other extensions enabled? Are these required as part of the login process? E.g. Add Custom Header - Are there any popups in the login process? - Is an account lockout policy set up on the user account being used?

Venkatesh | Last updated: Dec 09, 2020 08:53PM UTC

- Does the application/site use a WAF? No - Do you have any other extensions enabled? Are these required as part of the login process? E.g. Add Custom Header Not required - Are there any popups in the login process? No Popups, but the target host redirects to a different host for login. - Is an account lockout policy set up on the user account being used? Policy is in place, but I didn't see any lockouts from the burpsuite.

Venkatesh | Last updated: Dec 09, 2020 08:53PM UTC

- Does the application/site use a WAF? No - Do you have any other extensions enabled? Are these required as part of the login process? E.g. Add Custom Header Not required - Are there any popups in the login process? No Popups, but the target host redirects to a different host for login. - Is an account lockout policy set up on the user account being used? Policy is in place, but I didn't see any lockouts from the burpsuite.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 10, 2020 09:32AM UTC

Thanks for the additional information. Is the application public facing? Would we be able to perform testing on the login page?

Saghar | Last updated: Dec 11, 2020 05:24PM UTC

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I actually tried to change the XPATH (which was partially problematic). But again the same error. Do you have any solution for this ? Thanks

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 14, 2020 11:32AM UTC

Hi Saghar, Just to clarify, you are also having issues replaying a recorded login sequence?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.