Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp Macro Plugin (Chrome) is not working properly

Yu | Last updated: Apr 21, 2021 12:41PM UTC

Hi Burp team, I am currently doing an evaluation on Burp Enterprise. We had some issues with authentication, and is trying to record login sequence with the Burp plugin on Chrome. However after the recording, the copy option does not show up. Chronium is disabled by our IT team, but we are not sure if it's the root cause of the issue. I am wondering if you can share the requirements for the plugin to work properly.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 22, 2021 09:15AM UTC

Thanks for your message. The extension needs to be allowed to use incognito mode, but there are no particular special requirements. Could you email some screenshots of what you are seeing, please? If you paste the contents of the clipboard into a text file as soon as you stop the recording (rather than going back to the extension to copy the details), has the script been copied? Are you able to launch scans that use the embedded browser but don't use the recorded login in Enterprise successfully?

Yu | Last updated: Apr 22, 2021 11:54AM UTC

Hi Michelle, We are able to enable the incognito mode, and when we click on the extension icon a new window opens for us to record login sequences. We also tried to paste the contents right after recording. It does not work either. I have sent some screenshots and descriptions to 'support@portswigger.net'

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 22, 2021 12:04PM UTC

Thanks for sending those, we'll take a look at your email and be in touch soon

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.