Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp Freezes...

Artur | Last updated: Jun 10, 2022 11:13AM UTC

Hi, I am experiencing some problems with Burp Pro. I run the crawl+audit scan with recorded login via chrome. Everything seems to run smooth the "requests counter" is increasing but at some point it simply stops. The UUT application is running and there is connectivity in place. This is set in local "LAB" network - Kali 8GB +++ When I "restart" burp everything starts to work again, I mean "requests counter" is moving. Please advise how to tshoot this, couldn't find any system logs for burp, are there any/ where? I suspect the issue could be with the recorded login / browser but thats just a "low-hanging fruit" - again - where do I get logs? is there any extension for system logs?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 10, 2022 12:50PM UTC

Thanks for your message. To help us find out more about your issue we have a few questions: After recording the login sequence, when you set up the scan did you replay the login sequence? If so, did it seem to replay successfully? If you pause and resume the scan does the number of requests start increasing again? Or do they only start increasing again if you close and re-open the project file? Is the problem occurring during the crawl or audit phase of the scan? Are there any errors reported in the Event Log on Burp's Dashboard (including debug level logs)? Do you have any extensions enabled? Would you also be happy to email a copy of the Help -> Diagnostics output to support@portswigger.net, please? If possible, can you capture this information at the point where the scan requests counter stops increasing?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.