Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp 2: Application Login - credentials test button

Andrej | Last updated: Sep 03, 2018 06:59AM UTC

Hi, I love the new Application Login. Would it be possible to have a Test/Try button there? After clicking on this button, the new Chromium rendering view could be opened, showing the page after successful login (or better yet, the entire process of logging in). This button would serve to double-check if Burp login is indeed successful when attempted.

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 04, 2018 07:54AM UTC

I agree this would be a useful feature. Unfortunately, this is extremely complex to implement. We would need to perform an unauthenticated crawl of the site to discover the login form. And also we currently can't reliably tell whether a login is successful for not. So we may implement this in the future, but it's likely to be some way off.

Burp User | Last updated: Oct 17, 2019 01:13PM UTC

Other tools do this by defining two additional parameters, i.e. one argument is an url containing the login form and another one is an url for confirming if the login process was successful or not. No need for crawling in this case.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 21, 2019 10:36AM UTC

We are working on functionality that should provide a solution for this issue. This is part of the product roadmap for 2020.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.