Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Admin Password issue

Javvadi, | Last updated: Jan 06, 2021 11:30PM UTC

Hi, Since yesterday I was able to login to the burpenterprise edition with my admin username and password and suddenly today I am not able to. I havenot forgot my password. It was the same one I was using since last few days. Can you please help me with this.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 07, 2021 03:05PM UTC

If the issue with logging in is just an incorrect username/password, you can create a new administrator by running a utility that should be in the installation directory called 'adminusercreator'. An example of how to run it is: ./adminusercreator --username=new_admin --password=letmein --email=some@example.com --dbUrl=jdbc:<your database url> --dbUsername=burp_enterprise --dbPassword=*

Ron | Last updated: Aug 20, 2021 02:28PM UTC

I had the same issue occur after several days of operation with the enterprise edition. I keep the password in a password manager that includes history and I can verify the password is the same as it has always been. I am running BSEE in an AWS environment and I start it up and shut it down using the desired instances parameter of the autoscaling group.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 23, 2021 08:36AM UTC

Thanks for this report, Ron. We'll discuss your issue with the product team. We are going to make the admin password easier to reset in Burp Enterprise. I appreciate that this does not provide a reason why your password might have changed.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.