Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Unable to check for updates due to network error, in return resulting to license activation reached its limit

Ran | Last updated: Nov 09, 2023 03:25PM UTC

After installing burp and loading the license and tried to do update suddenly the burpsuite pro has an error saying "unable to check for updates due to network error. Please check your network configuration and try again". I also tried to load Extension list on BAPP, and it gives me an error of "Failed to refresh BAPP list". This is weird because I have network connection and internet on the computer where the BurpSuite Pro is installed, and the software it self can redirect me to support site and documentation under help option, that's why the error was somewhat weird. So in response to this I did troubleshooting like doing uninstall and install again then load the license again, and then try to install the lower version and load the license again, and after sometime eventhough I'm doing and clicking the option of "Clearing Burp from this computer" before uninstalling as part of my troubleshooting and to remove the license key and to avoid multiple activation, still I reach the Activation Failed Error, giving me the conclusion that BurpSuite Pro is not communicating to the server and update the licensing status Can you please help me with my issue, and kindly guide me on what to check to resolve the issue, maybe logs or something that I could take a look at Thanks in advance!

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 09, 2023 03:46PM UTC

Hi We've just replied to the email you also sent us with a few checks to run and have increased the activations on your license for you.

Ishaq | Last updated: Dec 30, 2023 09:50AM UTC

isharqvip@gmail.com thank you..

Akram | Last updated: Apr 22, 2024 03:38PM UTC

I just encountered the exactly same issue with Windows 10 Pro and Brup Suite Pro v2024.1.1.6. You could've just posted the solution here instead of sending it through his email. you could just copied and paste your reply to him here. Anyone knows how to solve this???

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 23, 2024 10:11AM UTC

There were a number of things we worked through with the original customer. Are you having issues checking for updates/installing BApps or reaching a license activation limit? If you're having issues with Check for updates/installing BApps, can you please let us know the following: - Is Burp set to use any upstream proxy servers? - Are you able to access https://portswigger.net/bappstore from your machine? - Do you have any other software on your machine that could be affecting the HTTPS traffic? - If after visiting https://portswigger.net/bappstore via Burp, what details are displayed for the certificate for portswigger.net under Settings > Network > TLS > Server TLS certificates?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.