Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

How to force burpsuite to use HTTP verion as required (Particularly Repeater)

sathish | Last updated: Apr 18, 2024 10:34AM UTC

Hi Team, How to force burpsuite to use HTTP version as required (Particularly Repeater)? When I tried to make it with HTTP/1.1 in repeater it's automatically changing to HTTP/2 The below option doesn't work in this case Project Options -> HTTP -> HTTP/2 -> Uncheck 'Default to HTTP/2 if the server supports it

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 19, 2024 07:44AM UTC

Hi sathish Disabling the 'default to HTTP/2 if the server supports it' should work in Settings> Ntework> HTTP. Additionally, you can force this using the inspector within the Repeater: https://snipboard.io/2JN6Xb.jpg

sathish | Last updated: Apr 19, 2024 08:09AM UTC

Hi Dom, Thanks for the Repeater thing. the path I mentioned on my previous message for disabling the HTTP/2 is from old version of burp, anyway the option of HTTP/2 disabling is same for newer version too. If I disable HTTP/2 on Network->HTTP, that will not work on repeater right? If yes, what areas in burp the option will work? Even Proxy Listeners have that HTTP/2 uncheck option, bit confusing here which overrides which one?

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 19, 2024 10:55AM UTC

Hi sathish I can confirm that disabling HTTP/2 on Network->HTTP does work for the repeater. With the HTTP/2 option in the proxy listeners, this will only affect requests from your browser. So, for example, if you are using your browser to browse the web and then send the requests from HTTP History to Repeater, these incoming requests from the browser will be using HTTP/1.1 If you want to work in HTTP/1, we recommend disabling the HTTP/2 option in both the network area and the proxy listeners section.

sathish | Last updated: Apr 19, 2024 02:26PM UTC

Hi Dom, thanks for the clarification.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.