Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Global keyboard shortcut

Qusec | Last updated: Apr 03, 2024 08:49PM UTC

Hi, I am writing an extension where it needs to access HttpRequestResponse object attached to currently focused editor from proxy, repeater, intruder tabs etc. I know context menu has this object encapsulated in event by I need to access need to access this against a custom global keyboard action event. e.g. ``` actionMap.put(KeyStroke.getKeyStroke(KeyEvent.VK_L,KeyEvent.CTRL_DOWN_MASK),new AbstractAction("customAction"){ @Override public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent e){ api.logging().logToOutput("My custom global shortcut key combination is pressed"); /*Do some magic with currently HttpRequestResponse object attached to currently focused/selected editor */ } }); ``` Looking forward to your response. Thanks

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 04, 2024 04:43PM UTC

Hi Are you able to provide some more information around the functionality you are looking to provide with your extension? We may be able to suggest some alternatives.

Qusec | Last updated: Apr 05, 2024 09:34PM UTC

I am looking to initiate request analysis attached to the focused editor window on press of hotkey without using the context menu as that will involve extra steps of clicking and selecting the menu etc. It's same as pressing the Ctrl + R to send the request to the repeater tab without touching the mouse, if that makes sense to you.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.