Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Charset problem in Intruder/Turbo Intruder

Br | Last updated: Apr 13, 2024 08:25AM UTC

On Repeater: "value":"Викторов" On Intruder (before request): "value":"Викторов" On Turbo Intruder (after request): "value":"8:B>@>2" Windows 11. Settings in Character set: Recognize automatically base on message headers HTTP message display: Consolas 11pt When i try UTF-8 same situation

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 15, 2024 02:26PM UTC

Hi Thanks for getting in touch. I'm running some tests here and just wanted to check a few details with you to see if what I'm seeing matches what you see. - When you see "value":"Викторов" in Intruder, do you see "value":"Викторов" in the Hex tab of the Repeater request? - Have you tried any other fonts? If so, did changing the font alter the behavior at all?

Br | Last updated: Apr 16, 2024 10:25AM UTC

Hello! Yes i see: in repeater when i switch to HEX tab, i see "value":"Викторов" But in Pretty and Raw, all fine. Yes i tried other fonts, but same situation.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 17, 2024 08:28AM UTC

Hi Thanks for the update. We've replicated the issue here and have created a bug report for it, as this is not something that has been raised with us before. I can't make any promises on timescales, as this will need to be prioritized against other bugs and feature requests. We will be monitoring to see how many users are affected by this.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.