Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Burp Suite Professional is not opening

Prajwal | Last updated: Mar 14, 2024 09:31AM UTC

I am trying to open Burp suite in the Windows but I am facing on issue saying "Burp did not start properly last time. Do you want to start it without loading extension?" and on choosing either Yes or No fails to load burp suite. I have uninstalled and installed Burp suite but still not working. Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 14, 2024 11:32AM UTC

Hi We've just replied to the email you sent us. We need to gather a few more details about this issue to help find the cause of the problem.

SBAudit | Last updated: May 11, 2024 06:10AM UTC

Hello, Has this issue been resolved? Is there any resolution post for this?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 13, 2024 07:51AM UTC

Hi There can be different causes for this issue. Can you tell us more about when this started happening and what happened before the problem first occurred? - How did you last close/ shut down Burp? - When you previously used Burp, did you have issues when closing it down, leading to files being left? Did Burp crash? The original user had an issue with their user settings (UserConfigPro.json) that prevented Burp from opening. After renaming this file, e.g., to UserConfigPro.json.old, they could launch Burp using default user settings. If you would like to try this, please let us know the OS you are using, and we can direct you to the correct location for this file.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.