Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Big space after words

Tuan | Last updated: Apr 19, 2024 09:24AM UTC

I'm using Burpsuite (newest stable) in 2K monitor in ParrotOS, and there seems to be a rendering error only in Request/Response field where I see space cursor far behind character position where I typed. There seems to be a post mentioned this before: https://forum.portswigger.net/thread/troubles-with-selecting-text-inside-request-response-windows-10-4k-jdk-14-ga-build-14-36-bac5a04e But I still can find solution. I'm currently using JDK 21. Please help!!!

Tuan | Last updated: Apr 19, 2024 09:30AM UTC

I just tested and it seems fine without scaling. But I often use 2.5x so its precision is really off.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 19, 2024 11:21AM UTC

Hi We have logged this issue and linked this thread. As a workaround in these scenarios, it seems that configuring Settings > User Interface > Display and setting the scaling option in Burp to 1.0, then using the User Interface > Display > Appearance > Font and User Interface > Inspector and message editor > HTTP message display to increase the font size to a readable size gives the most reliable workaround. If Java has been set to use -Dsun.java2d.dpiaware=true when launching Burp, this can alter the effectiveness of the above workaround. Please let me know if this helps.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.